THE STANDARD IN EMAIL ARCHIVING
One of the World’s Leading Solutions for Email Archiving, Management and Compliance for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses. MailStore Server allows small and medium sized businesses to benefit from all of the legal, technical, and financial advantages of legally compliant email archiving. MailStore Server combines powerful technology with low costs, minimal system requirements, and an easy setup procedure.
Why MailStore Server ?
Strong Market Presence
For years, thousands of companies and organizations of all sizes across all sectors have relied on MailStore Server for email archiving.
The low purchase price, integrated storage technology, and minimal system requirements keep overall costs to a minimum.
Maximum Degree of Independence
All emails can be restored from the archive in standard formats at any time. This allows companies to remain independent for many years.
Easy to Use
MailStore Server is easy and quick to install and set up. What’s more, users enjoy fast and easy access to the archive.
TRUSTED BY OVER 15,000 ORGANIZATIONS
Businesses of all sizes can benefit from the legal, technical, and financial advantages of modern, secure email archiving with MailStore Server.
The software creates 1:1 copies of all emails in a central email archive to ensure the security and availability of any amount of data for years to come.
Users can still access their email using Microsoft Outlook, MailStore Web Access, or mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones, and search through them at breathtaking speed.
MailStore Server supports almost all popular email systems and archiving methods. The archiving strategy can therefore be customized based on the specific detailed needs of a company.
Supported Archiving Methods
- Archiving of existing mailboxes, public folders, shared mailboxes and files.
- Journal Archive - Full archiving of all email as soon as they are sent and received.
Supported Email Sources
- Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (including Windows Small Business Server)
- Hosted Exchange
- Microsoft Office 365
- Sun Java System Messaging Server
- MDaemon Messaging Server
- IceWarp E-Mail-Server
- Kerio Connect
- Any IMAP/POP3-compatible email server
- Email clients such as Microsoft Outlook
- PST and other email file formats
Fast Access For All Users
When accessing the archive, users can perform a full-text search (including all file attachments) or use the regular folder structure. Emails can be recovered using one-click restore or simply opened to forward the message or send a reply.
All access paths offer a direct live view of the archive and do not require any synchronization of the archive data to the user’s computer.
MailStore Server has completely removed the need for users to access stub objects and other technologies that detract from server performance.
- MailStore Outlook Add-in - Seamless integration in Microsoft Outlook XP, 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- MailStore Web Access - Access using any internet browser.
- MailStore IMAP Server - Integration of the archive as a read-only mailbox into any email client or onto a mobile device via an integrated IMAP server.
- MailStore Mobile Web Access - Mobile Web Access enables users access to the archive from any location with a modern smartphone or tablet (iOS, Android, Windows Phone or Blackberry).
Scalable Storage Technology
At the core of MailStore Server is a highly sophisticated and scalable storage technology that does not require external databases and is available immediately after setup is complete. In practice, this allows for installations that support more than a thousand archived mailboxes and the users who access them.
The archive consists of any number of archive stores – for example one per quarter or year – making the solution extremely flexible and scalable to any volume of data or number of users. For the end user, the archive store concept is completely transparent. The user works with one combined view on the entire archive.
Archive stores are created, by default, in the file system and do not require any further configuration. For specific business needs, an advanced configuration is possible, providing additional options for storage like integration with external databases (Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL).
- Suitable for any volume of data and any number of users.
- Lower storage requirements through use of single instance archiving (duplicate content is only archived once) and compression of file attachments.
- Backups can be made using an integrated backup feature or third-party backup software.
- Supports iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, and SAN
Not a One Way Street
MailStore Server is not a one way street. All email can be restored from the archive in standard formats at any time. This guarantees companies independence over the long term – even if you move to a new system.
Easy, No-Risk Setup
MailStore Server can be installed in just a few minutes on any Windows PC and tested immediately. All of the components you need are already integrated. No changes will be made to servers or emails while archiving.
Reliable Compliance Features
A comprehensive technology concept ensures that companies using MailStore Server are able to achieve consistency with compliance and eDiscovery requirements, in addition to regular certification by an auditing firm using the criteria of internationally recognized standards.
- Archived email is identical to the original email in every respect
- Storage periods can be set accordingly
- Changes and events are logged via an integrated auditing feature in the Windows event log
- Auditor access via a special "auditor" user type
- Legal hold
- Generation of SHA1 hash values from email content Internal AES-256 encryption of email texts and attachments
- No direct access by MailStore client components to the archive files
- It is not possible to change email content, either in the graphical interface or in the internal program
Powerful Export Features
IT is in a constant state of transformation. Established technologies and concepts will be completely overhauled and replaced within just a few a years. In light of this, it is difficult to hold on to information that will be still useful after than a decade.
As a result, MailStore Server does not restrict businesses to a proprietary file format. All archived email can be exported in a single step at any time in the standard RFC 822 format, for example, which has established itself over 30 years.
Thus, it is not just the legal security of a business that is guaranteed, but also their long-term technological independence, even from MailStore Server itself.
Further Export Features
- Exporting to an Exchange server or an IMAP mailbox
- Sending emails to any email address via SMTP
- Exporting to email clients (Microsoft Outlook, Windows Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird)
- Exporting to the file system (generates either an .eml or .msg file for each email)
- Exporting to an Outlook .pst file
Total Protection Against Data Loss
Email can be lost due to technical errors such as corrupt PST files, or deleted by users. Users often delete their entire inbox when they leave the company. MailStore Server can eliminate these risks completely.
Regulatory Compliance and eDiscovery
MailStore Server helps companies meet a growing number of regulations on email compliance, eDiscovery, and other legislation. MailStore Server is also an important tool that helps these companies protect themselves against general legal risk or customer complaints.
Fast Search Increases Productivity
Emails are an important and very extensive knowledge resource. MailStore Server enables all users to access their email easily and extremely fast, increasing productivity within the company.
Reduce Workload of the Email Server
MailStore Server reduces the workload of the email server by relocating old emails, providing flexible storage management, and reducing storage requirements.
Simplify Backup and Recovery
MailStore Server reduces email server backup and restore times. Users can also recover lost emails themselves using oneclick restore.
Use Emails Efficiently
Users can continue to access their emails within their familiar working environment (e.g., Microsoft Outlook) faster than ever.
Backup PST Files
PST files are prone to error and difficult to manage. This problem can be permanently solved by centrally archiving all PST files.